Perfecting Push-ups with Compex
It’s so simple, yet so complex: the push-up.
Any time you walk into a gym you’re guaranteed to see someone performing some variation of a push up. This move is so popular because they can be done anywhere, and when done right can challenge your whole body. Use the key points combined with your Compex device to build your push-up strength (see below).
Key Points for Push Ups right
- Place hands flat on the ground, shoulder-width apart. If the hands are too far out this could lead to a shoulder injury
- Engage the core
- Extend the legs straight out with the balls of your feet on the ground. Modification: Being on your knees, this will help you build strength while working on form.
- Lower the chest and thighs to the ground
- Keep the core stays engaged throughout the entire movement
- Make sure the elbows should stay angled towards the hips, no more than 45 degrees away from the body.
- Push back up to the start position
- Make sure your hips and core stay engaged to come up at the same time as the chest.
Targeting the Weak Areas with Compex
To get more out of your push-ups you can use the Compex to add resistance using the program that fits your goals best. Use the electrode placements below to target the mid back or triceps during your workout.