EMS and how it works for recovery
Compex 2.0 Muscle Stim devices, which include both EMS and TENS, can be used for a wide variety of training solutions including warm up, recovery, training, and pain management. Make no mistake, our devices are found in numerous athletic training rooms around the world, used by top Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, and Athletic Trainers, but the secret is out and our FDA Cleared devices are also available to you!
Let’s talk EMS and recovery. Rest takes time, valuable time that many athletes—newbie or experienced—don’t have. However, there is a solution to speed up recovery time: Compex Muscle Stimulation. A Compex Muscle Stimulation device offers recovery programs that can flush out lactic acid in 6 minutes, which prevents DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). It also delivers fresh oxygen to the muscles, preventing aches and pains. Compex keeps your muscles fresh and ready to use.
It’s simple to recover with a Compex 2.0 Muscle Stimulator device. After physical effort or if a muscle group is feeling tight or tired, place the electrodes on the muscle group area you’d like to recover. For example, if your legs are fatigued, you would want to place electrodes on quads, hamstrings and calves to recover.
Compex recovery programs are designed to be used right after training or intense competition. The Active Recovery or Training Recovery program is designed to flush lactic acid, release endorphins, and relax the muscles to help create a healing environment for the muscle to recover. Recovery Plus or Competition Recovery is designed to be used several hours after a competition to help shut the muscle down and allow it to relax after an intense competition.
Produces a muscle twitch. Runs at a low frequency and increases local blood flow, warming the muscle tissue, and increase reaction of the muscles prior to a workout or competition.
Training Recovery / Active Recovery
Produces a muscle twitch at a low frequency. Increases local blood flow, leading to a faster reduction of lactic acid than mere rest, promotes muscle relaxation and helps enable a faster recovery.
Competition Recovery / Recovery Plus®
Runs at a lower frequency for inducing gentle muscle twitches, increase local blood flow, generate endorphins (the body's natural analgesic) and promotes muscle relaxation when muscles are fatigued after a vigorous workout or competition.
However not all devices are created equally, so it is still important to research the device you are purchasing. The difference can be found in the program offerings, as well as the waveforms used to deliver the stimulus body.
Muscle Relaxation / Massage
Produces a muscle twitch. Runs at the lowest frequency possible to help relax muscles that are fatigued after a workout or competition.
Optimize your performance with Compex
- View DetailsSpecial Price $499.99 Regular Price $599.99On Sale 17% Off Save $100.00(50) ReviewsFree ShippingFDA 510(k) cleared wireless muscle stim device designed to give maximum mobility while utilizing each of the 10 Compex programs. The programs can help enhance your performance, speed up recovery, and even manage pain with TENS.
**Delivery requires signature
- View DetailsSpecial Price $299.99 Regular Price $349.99On Sale 14% Off Save $50.00(8) ReviewsPremium, FDA(k) cleared, over-the-counter Compex ® Muscle Stimulator kit featuring 10 programs that stimulate healthy muscles to help facilitate and improve muscle performance.
- View DetailsSpecial Price $209.99 Regular Price $249.99On Sale 16% Off Save $40.00Premium, FDA(k) cleared, over-the-counter Compex ® Muscle Stimulator kit featuring 6 programs that stimulate healthy muscles to help facilitate and improve muscle performance.
- View DetailsSpecial Price $169.99 Regular Price $199.99On Sale 15% Off Save $30.00(1) ReviewPremium, FDA(k) cleared, over-the-counter Compex ® Muscle Stimulator kit featuring 4 programs that stimulate healthy muscles to help facilitate and improve muscle performance.
- View DetailsSpecial Price $63.99 Regular Price $74.99On Sale 15% Off Save $11.00(12) ReviewsUsed during muscle stimulation with Compex devices.
- View DetailsSpecial Price $63.99 Regular Price $74.99On Sale 15% Off Save $11.00(1) Review2" x 4" replacement electrodes for your Compex muscle stimulator. Compatible with snap-on cables.
- View DetailsSpecial Price $63.99 Regular Price $74.95On Sale 15% Off Save $10.96(4) ReviewsReplacement 2”x 2” electrodes, in a 5 pack, compatible with snap-on cables for Compex muscle stimulator.
- View DetailsSpecial Price $63.99 Regular Price $74.99On Sale 15% Off Save $11.00Replacement 2”x 4” electrodes, in a 5 pack, compatible with snap-on cables for Compex muscle stimulator.
What is Cold Therapy and how does it work?
Cold therapy (also known as cryotherapy), is the application of cold to an area of injury. The cold helps to numb the affected area and reduce pain. It also affects the cells at the injured area by decreasing swelling and promoting healing.
Doctors often recommend the use of cold therapy after an injury or surgery to help with a patient’s recovery.
Whether post-workout or post-injury, Chattanooga ColPac delivers up to 30 minutes of cold therapy to help relieve swelling and sore muscles. The reusable ice packs are filled with a non-toxic gel that remains flexible when frozen, meaning that every application of your ColPac will provide maximum coverage and consistent cooling power. From knee and ankle pain to wrist, back or neck injuries, the ColPac collection comes in a variety of sizes and available in blue vinyl or black polyurethane to help provide pain relief where you need it most so you can recover and crush your next workout or competition.
- Cold Therapy
- 30 minutes of soothing relief
- Alleviate pain and reduce swelling