WHEN TO START PREPARING
• Each training plan lasts 10 weeks.
• The prerequisite for this training is to be in overall good shape and to train on a regular basis for several months before the race.
• For runners who are not used to muscle stimulation (especially with the strengthening Program) a 2-3 week initiation is highly recommended before starting with the 10 week training plan.
ADJUSTING STIMULATION INTENSITY IS THE KEY!
For Programs inducing powerful muscular contractions (Endurance, Strength, Cross training, Core stabilization)
Maximum toleration: It is crucial to reach the highest level of intensity possible (though the session must always remain bearable). Intensity
determines the number of muscle fibers which are engaged or ‘recruited’ by the stimulation. The best way to determine your maximum toleration
is simply through your own judgement of what your body can cope with. The contractions must be powerful without ever becoming intolerable.
The progress of a stimulated muscle will be greater if the Compex device recruits a high number of its fibers.
SEVERAL RULES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE THIS:
• Apply the electrodes according to the diagrams
• Consider changing your electrodes on a regular basis. If the gel layer on the electrode deteriorates, it will be less conductive and you will not be
able to achieve higher levels of stimulation.
• Always look to progress:
- Increase the intensity marginally every 3,4 or 5 contractions throughout a session.
- In subsequent sessions aim to exceed the level of intensity reached in the previous session
- It is often more comfortable to voluntarily contract the muscles, synchronised with the stimulation
SIMILAR PROGRAMS ACROSS DIFFERENT COMPEX DEVICES
Sometimes, Compex models will use different names to refer to the same program type. Below is a key so you can identify the correct program:
• Capillarisation = Oxygenation
• Core stabilization = Muscle building
• Training recovery = Active recovery
FOR TRAINING RECOVERY AND CAPILLARISATION PROGAMMES
Increase the intensity gradually; it should produce visible muscular twitches