Compex: Hi there, Lefteris! Great to meet up with you - could you start by telling our audience a little bit about yourself?
Lefteris: Hi Compex! My name is Lefteris Theofanidis. I am 29 years old, born in Athens, and I am working for the Hellenic Air Force.
Since I was young, I have been a track running athlete and since 2011 I have been competing in Crossfit which is definitely my greatest passion.
Compex: What sport do you do and how did you get into it?
Lefteris: In 2011 Crossfit came into my life and since then I am an active individual athlete. I train at Athens Lions Box, coached by Dimitris Kavalarakis. "Competition" and "challenge" have been always my favourite words, so CrossFit became the ideal sport for me right away.
My main achievements from 2015 till today are:
- 2019 / 2017 / 2016 / 2015 – Fittest Man in Greece (official Crossfit Games Competition)
- 2019, 4th place worldwide in the Open of the official Crossfit Games (elite, individual men)
- 2019, 1st place in Greece and the 2nd Greek athlete ever competing at Crossfit Games
- 2019, 3rd place in CrossFit Athens throwdown (Elite Division, Team Men)
- 2018, 2nd place in Fall series Throwdown in Monza, Italy (Elite Division, individual men)
- 2017, 2nd place in CrossFit Battle of Stars in Salerno, Italy (Elite Divison, individual men)
- 2016, 3rd place in CrossFit Cyprus Throwdown (Elite Division, individual men)
- 2016, 1st place in CrossFit Battle of Stars in Salerno, Italy (Elite Division, individual men)
- 2015, 2nd place in CrossFit Greek Throwdown (Elite Division, individual men)
Compex: How does Compex Muscle Stim help you to find a competitive edge?
Lefteris: My demanding training sessions made Compex Muscle Stim vital. Recovery is a major factor for me, and literally Compex saves my day. Every day. In terms of training, my coach adds sessions of conditioning, focusing on my weaknesses.
Which program/s do you use?
Lefteris: In between workouts, I use ‘Competition Recovery’ and ‘Reduce Muscle Soreness’. On a daily basis I use the ‘Pain Management TENS’ for my shoulders, to relieve me from intense pain, and prepare me for the next day. ‘Capillarisation’ is also important to me, and for the best warming up I use ‘Overcompensation’.
Compex: Do you use other Compex products?
Lefteris: I use the 5MM CAMO KNEE SLEEVES, they give me great support when lifting.
Compex: Thanks so much for sitting down with us Lefteris!