A Guide to Compex Ayre™ - Wireless Compression Boots
The Compex Ayre™ are wireless compression boots that were designed with the goal of improving the flush out of “waste” products from the muscle in mind. The theory is that achieving this goal will lead to decreased muscle soreness and improved muscle relaxation occurring in the legs.
This method is based on the “good stuff in, bad stuff out” principle. The “good stuff” (nutrients and O2) is transported in by the capillary system, due to blood pressure and active muscle pump. The “bad stuff” (waste, CO2, lactate, fluids etc) is transported out by the capillary system actively by the heart and active/passive muscle pump, and also out of the lymphatic system by muscle pump & gravity.
The compression boots passively support the muscle pump and is mainly focussed on flushing out of the “bad stuff”, mainly lymphatic system.
About our Compression Boots
The Compex Ayre™ wireless compression boots were designed using high quality, lightweight materials, with the goal of promoting faster muscle healing after a training session or competition, alleviating heavy legs.
This muscle recovery is achieved using dynamic pulsing compression which helps improve blood flow and circulation in the legs. Ayre™ boasts 4 separate compression chambers that can be inflated separately or simultaneously depending which mode you select. This means you can target all major muscle groups in the legs.
This product is:
- Wireless with an integrated control unit
- Easy to use
- Ultra portable
- Usable even when charging
- Ergonomic due to the knee gap
- Easy to clean
Compex Ayre™ - Breathe In, Breathe Out
Compex Ayre™ - How To Use
Benefits of Using Compex Ayre™
EXPLAINING THE 2 COMPRESSION MODES
The Ayre Compression boots have 2 modes, and you can switch the mode easily by tapping the power button on each boot.
1. Mode F1 - PULSE: the 4 chambers of the Ayre™ compression boot will inflate automatically one by one. When all chambers are inflated, it will stay inflated for 10 sec. Then all chambers will deflate at the same time and the process repeats after 60 seconds of deflation.
Recommended for: use after intense competition.
2. Mode F2 - SQUEEZE: the 4 chambers of the Ayre™ compression boot will inflate automatically and simultaneously. When all chambers are inflated, it will stay inflated for 10 sec. Then all chambers will deflate at the same time and the process repeats after 60 seconds of deflation.
Recommended for: use after training.
SELECTING COMPRESSION INTENSITY & SESSION DURATION
The compression level on each boot can be set by chamber between 0-120 mmHg. We recommend that you have a comfortable and firm compression to maximise the "bad stuff out" effect.
We recommend that you determine the subjective score of the level of training intensity or muscle pain sensation (DOMS) on the “Pyramid of Training & Pain Sensation” chart below and time your session accordingly.
|TRAINING INTENSITY / MUSCLE PAIN LEVEL (1-10)||RECOMMENDED MINIMUM TOTAL DURATION TIME|
Very Severe 7-9
|50 MINUTES||*Note: more muscle fatigue = more waste in muscle = the longer you need to recover.|