In the muscle, the result of exercise and metabolic processes can be:
1. Lactate, metabolic waste, excess fluid in or around the muscle with a possibility of secondary symptoms of muscle soreness/pain (DOMS) and tensed muscles (stiffness, less mobility.
2. (Desperate) need for nutrients and oxygen for rebuilding.
3. Myofascial pain & stiffness (pain spots). Overuse or monotonous movements, circulatory and lymph drainage disorders and lack of oxygen, fluids and nutrients can result sticky and brittle fascia (connective tissue): pain spots and (myofascial) stiffness.
4. Neural fatigue local and central.
Possible solutions to resolve the effects of exercise (recovery):
- Clearance of lactate & metabolic waste by improving blood flow (venous return)
- Flush out fluids by improving lymph drainage
- Rebuilding “damaged” muscles by improving blood flow for bringing in nutrients & O2
- Relaxation of the muscle
- Relief muscle soreness/pain (DOMS)
- Relief myofascial pain(spots) / trigger points / pain spots in muscle
- Loosen myofascial stiffness
- Calming the nerve system
All recovery methods have pros and cons. Here below you can find an overview of each recovery method related to the Compex brand.